At CVC preschool yoga is a part of our everyday, it is a key component of our rest and relaxation routine.
Educators believe children derive enormous benefits from participating in our yoga sessions;
· Yoga helps children manage their anxiety
· Yoga improves children’s emotional regulation
· Yoga boosts children’s self-esteem
· Yoga increases children’s body awareness and mindfulness
· Yoga enhances children’s concentration and memory
· Yoga develops children’s strength and flexibility
· Yoga teaches breathing techniques that increase energy and decrease anxiety providing effective coping strategies for stress
· Yoga allows for playfulness and collaboration in the learning process
· Yoga encourages positive thinking and a motivation to learn
· Yoga increases children’s body awareness as they explore their anatomy and benefits of the poses
· Yoga is non-competitive and honours each child’s unique way of absorbing and integrating information
In addition, children’s sense of calmness and relaxation improves. Doing yoga, children exercise, play, and connect more deeply with their inner self and each other.